Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Learn German on Twitter - word by word

Did you ever think about learning a new language ? Why not German ?
You might have German ancestors, taken some classes in high school, have German business contacts or just simple have an interest in that language.
For me, German (Swiss German to be precise) is my mother tongue and I use it on a daily basis. In my private life when talking to my kids or for business when I translate a text for a client or communicate with a customer based in Germany or Switzerland. My husband himself is in the process of learning German (he is Canadian) and that's how I came up with the idea to use my knowledge and share it with the Twitter community.
So, starting this Sunday, Feb 7th, my followers will receive 1 German word or expression (with the English translation) per day. I will be using the hashtag #learngerman.

Since I am limited to 140 characters per post, I won't be able to give much explanation about pronunciation or phonetics. But if you have a doubt, there's an excellent website where you find an audio recording of a big selection of German words. Here's the link.

So, are you up for the challenge ? Auf geht's ! (let's do it !)

I am looking forward to seeing you on Twitter !


Sarah Santacroce



P.S. If you need a document or a website translated (German to English or English to German) please visit my website for more information about the services I offer.

P.P.S. Please RT this message on Twitter. Thank you !

P.P.P.S. If you are really serious about learning German there are other Tweeters who send out a (different) word per day. Follow for example @DoubleTranslate





Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
blog comments powered by Disqus