Friday, April 30, 2010

Review of 4 FREE Time Tracking Tools

by Sarah Santacroce

If you are a Freelancer, an Independent Entrepreneur or a fellow Virtual Assistant, chances are that you are using an online tool to track your time. And if you are anything like me, this is not something that you think is worth spending money on. There are so many free options, why pay 30 or more dollars per month? I’d rather use that money for marketing. In this blog post I’m reviewing 4 Free Time Tracking Tools, two of them I’ve used myself, the other two I’ve just heard about. Here we go:

Myhours.com

This was the first time tracking tool I have used. It is very basic and doesn’t have any fancy features. But overall I was pleased with the usability and the reports.

· Web based
· Easy registration
· Very basic but does the trick
· Report features
· Bland looking interface
· Plus: personalization feature: select your country and currency

Toggl.com

I’ve been using this tool for the last two months. It’s quite easy to set up, but honestly I can’t say the usability is all too great. After creating a project, it doesn’t show up on the left menu for easy access, making it really difficult to “add” more time to an open project.

· Web based
· Easy registration (you can also use your Google login)
· Report features
· Good looking interface

To find out more, read this detailed review.

 4 Free Time Tracking Tools

Slim Timer

I have not yet used this tool, but I have read a lot of good things about it.

· Web based,
· Easy registration
· Report features
· Minimalistic but easy to understand interface
· Plus: possibility to tag tasks and when printing reports you can print a report for all the work done
  relating to a certain tag

To find out more, read this detailed review.


Paymo.biz

I have not yet used this tool, but after doing my research for this post, I think this is the next one I will give a try. It looks easy to use and the fact that you get 3 free invoices per month is great. And if I decide that I like it and do all my invoices with them, $3.99 per month is a VERY reasonable price (compared to $39.95 per month for Freshbooks)!

· Web based
· Easy registration
· Simple and easy to use interface
· Report features
· Plus: you can add up to 3 users and send 3 invoices per month – for FREE!

Check out this more detailed review by Ivette Muller, a fellow Virtual Assistant.

 

Now it’s your turn, which time tracking tool is your favorite? Is it not on the list? Then please share it with us in the comments!

 

Liked that post? I blog about small business tips, outsourcing, Internet and Social Media Marketing.
Why not subscribe to my RSS Feed? Just click on the bottle :-)    RSS Feed Sarah Santacroce, Simplicity Admin Solutions

 

Related posts that might interest you:

- How to stay productive while working from home
- Google Tools for Small Businesses – Part 1
- Google Tools for Small Businesses – Part 2
- 6 Tasks any Entrepreneur could outsource to a Virtual Assistant

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
blog comments powered by Disqus